• Header

Terrain Hexes

Больше
3 года 9 мес. назад#45788от LeoJ1956
LeoJ1956 создал эту тему: Terrain Hexes
I own Operation Barbarossa 1941, The Battle for the Danube and Tank Combat. The Forest Glade, Light Woods and Forest as shown in the four rules that I have are confusing to me.
Operation Barbarossa 1st Edition Rules does not have, or mention, Forest Glades. The 2nd Edition rules mention the Forest Glade. There is a discrepancy in the diagrams that show both the Light Woods and Forest Glade appearing to be identical.
The Tank Combat rules mentions a Forest Glade, but the diagram is identical to the Forest.
I have looked at all of the gameboards from said 3 games. I do not see any Forest Glades.
Can someone please clarify this for me?
Also, if you look at the Tank Combat rules, it show the line of sight from a forest glade that is also confusing, the glade looks like a forest with a road. Why is one of the frontal areas blocked?
Last there is a rule that trucks and armor units cannot enter or exit a light woods hex unless on a road. The 2nd sentence says that tank units (I thought tanks were armor units) loses one movement point when they go through a light woods hex, unless on a road. So my question is can a tank unit get into a light woods hex without using a road?

Пожалуйста Войти , чтобы присоединиться к беседе.

Больше
3 года 9 мес. назад#45796от 3b-fly
3b-fly ответил в теме Re: Terrain Hexes
yes

Больше
3 года 9 мес. назад#45797от 3b-fly
3b-fly ответил в теме Re: Terrain Hexes
English versions of rules are not fitting the Russian version. Use just the Russian rules.

Больше
3 года 9 мес. назад#45809от JonDee
JonDee ответил в теме Re: Terrain Hexes
I played a game of Blitzkrieg last night and finally saw an actual forest glade hex (it was an overlay). It's a forest with a dark brown path, but not a road, cutting through it.

The hex is just like a forest except that movement and fire are allowed across the hex sides that are broken by the path. So a unit in a forest glade can shoot out of the opening, confident that it's protected from enemy fire which can't cross the hex sides that aren't broken by the path.

My battle report for Tank Combat on BoardGameGeek features a forest cut by a road. Although that doesn't make it an actual Forest Glade, it's functionally the very same thing. I show the result in this illustration:

From the Forest Road hex (in red), a unit can only see into (or be seen from) the hexes marked with yellow dots. Line of sight, and fire, cannot be traced through a hexside that's not broken by an emerging road:

• Русский (RU)
  • English (UK)