• Header

Battle Report: Barbarossa Scenario 5, "Strongpoint"

Больше
3 года 6 мес. назад#44746от JonDee
JonDee создал эту тему: Battle Report: Barbarossa Scenario 5, "Strongpoint"
I have just finished posting an EXTREMELY long and detailed battle report from last weekend, when a friend and I played the Strongpoint scenario. You can see it here on BoardGameGeek:

STRONGPOINT

To those of you who know the game well already it may seem tedious in its detail. But my hope was to explain the rules of the game to novices who were curious but had nobody to show them how it was played.

I'd be happy to hear comments, and corrections to any rules we got wrong (I know of some, and point them out in the report, but may well have missed others.)

Enjoy!

Пожалуйста Войти , чтобы присоединиться к беседе.

Больше
3 года 6 мес. назад#44762от Kirill180
Kirill180 ответил в теме Re: Battle Report: Barbarossa Scenario 5, "Strongpoint"

JonDee пишет: I have just finished posting an EXTREMELY long and detailed battle report from last weekend, when a friend and I played the Strongpoint scenario.

It is the best AoT battle report I've ever seen!!! Really excellent!
I've got two questions right now:
1. How long did it take you to play it (I mean actual gameplay time)?
2. Your markers idea is very interesting, markers make the battle-field more vivid. Haven't you thought about making markers for losses and suppressed units?
As for me, the main problem of AoT models is that one can't say how many items are left in a unit.

PS: By the way, it was funny to me to see that you used blue arrows for Soviet troops and red arrows - for Germans :) Here we always and by default use it vice versa.

Больше
3 года 6 мес. назад#44763от JonDee
JonDee ответил в теме Re: Battle Report: Barbarossa Scenario 5, "Strongpoint"
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the result. And although it was a lot of work, I enjoyed all of it.

In answer to your questions:

- we started play at about 8:00pm (after an hour of discussion and setting up the board), and finished at about midnight. So about four hours, including some rules discussions along the way. We stopped frequently to take pictures but that didn't really add significant time. It was a leisurely pace.

If we played this again, I think we'd finish the game in 2 or 2.5 hours (excluding setup).

- yes, I'm happy with the markers. I uploaded the file with the marker (a .pdf) to BoardGameGeek, so others can download it and make their own. You're right, I should have made some to show "suppressed" status. Might do that for v2.0.

For unit losses, I agree that some indication would be good. I'm thinking of copying something I saw old tabletop miniatures gamers do when I was young -- cut a drinking straw into 1cm lengths, and put one over the head of individual models to indicate that they're casualties. It sounds a bit ridiculous when I describe it, but I have an idea how to do this without looking too silly. For vehicles, I might make some other kind of markers (with smoke or something).

Re. the colours: ha ha! You know it makes sense that Soviets be red and Germans blue. I'll switch going forward.

Больше
3 года 6 мес. назад#44764от Kirill180
Kirill180 ответил в теме Re: Battle Report: Barbarossa Scenario 5, "Strongpoint"

JonDee пишет: For unit losses, I agree that some indication would be good. I'm thinking of copying something I saw old tabletop miniatures gamers do when I was young -- cut a drinking straw into 1cm lengths, and put one over the head of individual models to indicate that they're casualties. ... For vehicles, I might make some other kind of markers (with smoke or something).

An interesting idea.
As for me, I'm thinking of using narrow colored ponios for indicating losses.

Больше
3 года 6 мес. назад#44829от Kirill180
Speaking of indicating unit losses and suppression, I tried to use very simple but clear markers: pieces of white paper for pinned down units and small colored ponios for losses. Black band if 4 items are left in a unit, blue band when 3 are left, yellow - for 2, and red - for 1.
Here's how it looks in the game:
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i396/Kirill180/Loss_suppression_markers.jpg~original

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i396/Kirill180/Loss_suppression_markers_2.jpg~original

The ponios:
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i396/Kirill180/Ponios.jpg~original

I'm satisfied with the result: it's cheap, easy to attach and remove, and looks nice.

• Русский (RU)
  • English (UK)