• Header

Zvezda - AoT - western market

Больше
4 года 3 мес. назад#36284от 3b-fly
3b-fly создал эту тему: Zvezda - AoT - western market
I often read (on Russian forum) about failure of AoT on western market.
This was discussed by players in our club and sellers, so i will convey the result of discussion.

1) Measurement
1/100 was bad choise. Zvezda makes awesome detailed models for very low price. 15mm will be better choise, because already existing community of FoW will buy models from AoT.

2) Care
Zvezda does not care of players, which are not speaking Russian . No one is editing english version of AoT pages. Nobody knows about new releases, there are allready released models in announcements and missing announcements for y2013, Battle of Danube and Blitzkieg are presented as not released yet.

3) Rules
English version of actual rules is missing. Many rules are explained on Russian forum, official FAQ and Errata are totally needed.

4) Cards
Many cards are or need to be repaired or changed. Best choise will be to place actual cards in print resolution in download section. Players are anyway scanning and repairing cards (and they are angry). Give them cards and they will be happy.

5) Sellers
Some sellers buy Zvezda products from another sellers because (as they says) they do not want to dispute with Zvezda about money for reclamations.

6) Variety
Zvezda policy of model release is odd. Western customer wants variety. (for example) Release conversion kit to maintain 6 different types of SdKfz 251. Each player of Germans will buy 2 packs of kits and 12 packs of 251/1. Everyone will be happy.

7) Another customer
If i look at photos from AoT tournaments in Russia, i see mostly children. Child players of historical games are rare in Europe. Players are mostly 25-50 years old, they know history and they want unusual units. Release more german allies. Noone sells Italians, Romanians, Hungarians, Fins, Poles, Frenchmen (or Vichy) in useable quality.

AoT has awesome game engine but if Zvezda want to be successful when sell game in Europe, it must know Europe market. GWS with its Warhammer has great success. AoT has more logical system ,game environment known to everyone and is more,more cheaper. But it must to learn how to take care of its customers.

Пожалуйста Войти , чтобы присоединиться к беседе.

Больше
4 года 3 мес. назад#36285от xelanizul
xelanizul ответил в теме Re: Zvezda - AoT - western market
3b-fly, your post is very nice!

Больше
4 года 3 мес. назад#36286от Николай 87
Николай 87 ответил в теме Re: Zvezda - AoT - western market
I think part of points is correct for Russia. ;)

Больше
4 года 3 мес. назад#36287от xelanizul
xelanizul ответил в теме Re: Zvezda - AoT - western market
Николай 87, you mean: "..for Russia too" ? ;)

Больше
4 года 3 мес. назад#36288от Николай 87
Николай 87 ответил в теме Re: Zvezda - AoT - western market
Yes, sir! :D

Больше
4 года 3 мес. назад#36290от 3b-fly
3b-fly ответил в теме Re: Zvezda - AoT - western market
I remember that GWS was sending special single chaos warrior models to sellers for marketing actions (for free). Sellers used some like presents for potential new customers and asked skilled players to assembly and paint one model each and exposed them in showcase to show variety of just one army.

• Русский (RU)
  • English (UK)