Rules Suggestions

• Goblin_Wizard
  • Goblin_Wizard аватарАвтор темы
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
Больше
5 года 1 мес. назад#20288от Goblin_Wizard
Goblin_Wizard создал эту тему: Rules Suggestions
Situation: Tanks move through a forest via road. Lets say these tanks are assaulted by an infantry unit. Rulebook says that all units get +2 defense bonus for being in forest. In my opinion it's senseless. Tanks are totally exposed when moving via narrow road in a dense forest. They can hardly maneuver and they can't hide anywhere. Thin side and rear armor of each tank is easily reachable by assaulting infantry fire.

In my opinion all vehicles shouldn't get the defense bonus while in a forest. In this situation I would even give the assaulting infantry additional +1 accuracy bonus (the same like in towns and villages). The same for units crossing a bridge or a ford - enemy units that shot them should have +1 accuracy bonus.
Please, Let me know what you think about this idea.

Пожалуйста Войти , чтобы присоединиться к беседе.

Больше
5 года 1 мес. назад#20315от eduard
eduard ответил в теме Re: Rules Suggestions
In fact, the remark is correct. Just not all understand it. Not only had to deal with it.

• Goblin_Wizard
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
Больше
5 года 1 мес. назад#20355от Goblin_Wizard
Goblin_Wizard ответил в теме Re: Rules Suggestions
Ideas that came up when I was writing this post. Something should be done with mortars and Katyushas. They are very weak and not worth points spent on them. Accuracy 1 makes them nearly useless.

== Mortar ==
1. Mortars can be fixed by adding smoke ammo. IIRC mortars were very often used to lay smoke screens. Smoke is very powerful in this game so it would give mortars a good advantage.
2. Mortars were very inaccurate weapons so they were used mainly for suppression fire, not for direct damage. To reflect this you can add additional -3 modifier to fortitude test when a mortar lays suppression fire. The number (-3) is just a guess and need some tests. I've just wanted to show the idea.
3. Because mortars are very inaccurate weapons they can benefit more from an observer. For example - when an observer has "Reconnaissance" or "Adjusting Fire" ability mortar gets +1 to his accuracy.
4. Mortars are very silent weapons comparing to other firearms. To reflect this you can give mortars a special ability to fire while in ambush.

== Katyusha ==
Hmm.. I can't figure out any interesting idea for improving Katyusha.
1. I think it just need +1 accuracy and maybe less firepower to not break the balance.
2. Maybe another special ability like this - A unit hit by Katyusha has to make a Fortitude test (even if the unit doesn't suffer any causalities).

As always, let me know what you think.

Больше
5 года 1 мес. назад#20369от eduard
Ну тут думать нечего. Тема уже обсуждалась много раз. Характиристики вполне адекватные. "Катюша" ведет огонь на подавление,стрелять неможет, поэтому количество кубиков нужно увеличивать в полтора раза. Получается довольно мощное орудие. Очков оно своих стоит,просто нужно уметь его применять по месту назначения. ;)

• Goblin_Wizard
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
  • Осваиваюсь на форуме
Больше
5 года 1 мес. назад#20401от Goblin_Wizard
Goblin_Wizard ответил в теме Re: Rules Suggestions
:?:. 2nd edition rulebook is sometimes a total mess. For example the section about dragon's teeth is copy/pasted from trenches. There is not a single word about dragon's teeth except title. It's look like no one read the rulebook even once before printing. And when you try to read English rulebook in pdf you have problems with one of the fonts used which doesn't display properly (Russian version works flawlessly).
All in all it's really sad because it's a great game. I hope someone from Zvezda will read this. In the end it's all about money and without any efforts from the company the profit will be significantly reduced.

Больше
5 года 1 мес. назад#20428от eduard
Believe me, all your arguments true test. I'm not on the way that you do not hint, you can leave messages with help of an interpreter anywhere, who does not forbid to do so.
Believe me, the rules and in Russian it is difficult to read. The first edition of the rules in general was horrible. The second is better, but still a lot of shortcomings.

• Русский (RU)
  • English (UK)